Thursday, December 2, 2010

• A Fun Little Manifestation

So four days ago, on Sunday, I heard a little piece of a song as background music on TV, and tried to remember the name of the song or, at the very least, the lyrics so I could look it up on Youtube and have a good listen. (Music is my life, remember?)

I couldn't come up with enough of the lyrics to get it, but it was bugging me. I hummed the tune to a friend to see if she could tell what I was talking about and got a "Yeah, I know what song you mean," but she didn't know the lyrics or title either. (Or, more likely, my lame humming  didn't actually convey the right song.)

So I searched around for the song: listened to radio stations I don't usually listen to, tried googling the couple of words I *do* remember, etc. It seemed like too much work. Yesterday, I finally said, "OK, I quit looking. I'll just hold the song in my vibration, and let it come to me."

Alas, today I was watching Tuesday's episode of "Glee" online and what popped up on the screen but one of the glee clubs singing that *very* song I was looking for. I got the song, the lyrics, as many replays as I wanted - basically all the info on the song I was looking for.

To me, this feels like a simple manifestation. I set the unwavering intent -- hear that song clearly so I could get the lyrics, name, singer, etc. -- and I let go. Poof - the next day, it showed up.

Have a listen.

Thanks, Universe! ;)

(P.S. By the way, I search for "things" in a similar manner: When I can't find an item at home, I finally quit, tell my brain to figure it out while I"m sleeping; go to sleep; and then find it the next day (or remember where it is) within an hour or two of waking up. I have done this many, many times.)

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment