Monday, December 13, 2010

• Your Problem is Truly My Problem

There's a spirituality group that gets together once or twice a month - conveniently in my town - that I attend as often as possible. We had a meeting today, and shared many of our experiences, ideas, questions, feelings and simple love and joy. I always come out of the gatherings with some new idea that I want to explore more deeply.

Today, after our get-together, I was inspired to pick up Joe Vitale's book, "Zero Limits." I read the first few pages, where he discusses the clearing technique called Ho'oponopono. Ho'oponopono is basically repeating four phrases over and over again - either out loud, or silently - to clear out negative energy and let the divine in. The four phrases are:

  • I'm sorry
  • Please forgive me.
  • Thank you.
  • I love you.
This ho'oponopono is not new to me, but as I was reading about it in "Zero Limits," this evening, the author mentioned something that I had kinda forgotten: Ho'oponopono is used by therapists to heal clients. But the key to it working is the therapist understanding that he/she is JUST AS RESPONSIBLE for the client's negative thoughts as the client is.

Specifically, on page 6, it states: "the therapist must be willing to be 100 percent responsible for having created the problem situation; that is, he must be willing to see that the source of the problem is erroneous thoughts within him, not within the client. .. Being 100 percent responsible for actualizing the problem allows the therapist to be 100 percent responsible for resolving it."

I knew this before, but re-reading it just has brought it to the forefront of my mind. I've heard myself thinking too many blaming/negative thoughts lately, and though I'm aware, they still keep popping up. Checking in with "Zero Limits" is kind of a like a stick poking me to be that much more aware, and has inspired me to really keep shifting my thoughts from anything negative to the four ho'oponopono phrases as a way of stepping backs; clearing the negative energy; and then allowing the divine love and energy to come in and transmute all.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment