Saturday, December 4, 2010

• Contemplating the Akashic Records

Ever since I was a little kid, I always had this instinctive feeling that everything - every little detail of life - was predestined and written down, or somehow known somewhere. At some point, I learned that free will is the birthright of every human being. This totally collided with my internal feeling that All Is Known and Predestined.

I put aside my instinctive knowledge about predestination, and embraced the idea of Free Will, which I have heard again and again is truly integral to our existence here. However, every now and then I'd hear about the Akashic Records, and it started to resonate with me regarding my initial gut feeling that All is Known/Predestined. Today, I stumbled across a youtube video that, again, mentions the Akashic records. Specifically, it talks about using astral projection as a way to read the Akashic records.

What are the Akashic Records exactly? Here it's described as, "a theosophical term referring to an universal filing system which records every occurring thought, word, and action....The Akashic Records are the macrocosm of the individual subconscious mind. Both function similarly, they possess thoughts which are never forgotten. The collective subconscious gathers all thoughts from each subconscious mind which can be read by other subconscious minds." These records can be accessed in meditation, via astral projects, or - as Edgar Cayce demonstrated - via a trancelike state.


I'm intriguted. Totally and completely intrigued. I heard of the Akashic Records long ago and considered them, but I'm really beginning to feel that this may be that instinct I had in side of me from birth - that feeling of All is Known and Exists. I wonder if a feeling of predestination is somehow linked to this. If you consider the concept that time is not linear, then all possible future outcomes exist - somehow, somewhere - and are likely written in the Akashic Records.

Alas these are my deep thoughts for the day. Enjoy, disregard, or whatnot. Peace out!

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment