Wednesday, December 22, 2010

• Beautiful Winter Nights

What a beautiful past couple of nights we've had.

Last night was the lunar eclipse. It wasn't visible here due to clouds, but I nevertheless woke up a couple times in the night to go walk outside and just *be* in the dimness created by the Earth's shadow over the beautiful full moon. In between my ventures, I had several very vivid dreams about the eclipse and seeing it, and I focused on the *feeling* of it, since it wasn't there for me to lay my eyes upon. It was very soothing. At the time, I was cuddled up with my 15-month-old son as well (who co-sleeps next to me most of every night) and just felt so much comfort, warmth and cleansing from the eclipse of the moon. It was a wonderful feeling.

Tonight, I ventured out into the woods for my eldest son's Hanukkah-Christmas-Solstice holiday choral concert at his school. He attends an amazing private school with 8 other kids in Grades 1 through 3. The classroom is like an A-frame barn, and is located, basically, on a homestead. The teachers are a married couple that lives in the modern-built 18th-century-style farmhouse attached to the school room. So it only made sense that such a beautiful school would invite its families to hear the children sing in the woods, down a long and windy trail, lit only by the candlelight and moonlight on the night of the Solstice and, coincidentally, the (nearly) full moon.

I'm such a warm-weather person that I don't get out into the woods during winter as often as my body and soul need to. Here's a pledge, right now, that I will get out into the woods for, oh, an hour or so, at least one time every week this winter.I'll post about it here. Nature is just as much a part of my ascension process as any New Age book, meditation, or other spiritual practice.

~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment