Monday, February 7, 2011

• Ahhhhh Regroup

Phew. It's Monday evening as I type this. Saturday and Sunday were exhausting in a sort of nebulous-draining way. Not entirely sure why, but I have a pretty good theory:

Saturday morning, I had a deep-tissue massage from someone who really knows what the hell she's doing. See, every once in a while, my youngest child (in this case, age 16 months) gains an ounce or two that turns out to be the straw that breaks this mama's back, so to speak, and my muscles knot up and wince in pain and beg for mercy. Hence the massage session.

What's so interesting about the whole ordeal is that as the massage therapist went along and undid all these various muscle knots, she released not only the tension and stress, but also whatever emotional energies were harboring within. It wasn't something I actively expected beforehand, but afterward, it was very obvious. Walking out of the session, my body was exhausted but at the same time refreshed, like it had been tweaked and twisted out of a bad habit and ushered into detox therapy.

I thus spent the rest of the weekend feeling sore, drinking a LOT of water, getting overly emotional over nothing, and wanting to just sleep as much as I possibly could (which I did, thank goodness).

Now what else is interesting is how I happened upon this particular massage therapist at this particular time.

First off, I decided a little bit ago that I need to keep releasing these blocks through my body  -- in essence, through the physical. That's part of the whole house-cleaning blog post: Cleaning the house was equivalent to clearing an energetic block.

To that end, the massage therapist I went to this time around is the best for cleaning physical blocks. But did I actively seek out an appointment with her last week when I decided my body needed a session? Noooooo... I instead chose the closest massage therapist so I'd have to drive the least distance on a Saturday morning. I made the appointment last Wednesday, and verbally reminded all those around me that INDEED my poor, aching body was getting a desperately needed massage on Saturday morning at 9! Come hell or high water, I'd be there!

And then on Friday at 1 p.m., I got a phone call that my massage therapist had fallen off her roof shoveling snow and needed to rest her aching knee, and couldn't do a massage the next morning. HA HA that was SO funny to me, after my clear intent for a massage Saturday morning at 9! I was not to be dissuaded. They asked me if I wanted to reschedule, but I politely declined, knowing I'd find exactly what I needed, and at the right time.

I dug up phone numbers for a couple other massage therapists in the area. Massage Therapist No. 1 wasn't there when I called, so I left a voicemail. Massage Therapist No. 2 turned out to not do weekend appointments. And then - a lightbulb went off, and I remembered Massage Therapist No. 3 -- the one I ended up going to. I called her up, and sure enough -she'd just had a cancellation for her 10 a.m. appointment on Saturday morning, and would I like to come in at 9:30 or 10?

Ahh -- 9:30, thank you. A more perfect time for me even than 9, since this was about 20 minutes from my house.

Why is this significant? Simply because I internally decided that I will be clearing energetic blocks via my physical body and environment, and a massage by this particular massage therapist -- not the other ones I've been to in the past, and keeping in mind I only get massages once or twice per year -- is exactly in line with that desire. And also, this was completely in alignment with my intent for a massage on Saturday morning, at 9. (OK, so it was at 9:30 - but I can't complain, because 9:30 worked out even BETTER than 9!)

To make things even more clear, on Sunday morning, I got a phone call back from Massage Therapist No. 1, saying that yes, she got my voicemail from Friday afternoon and would have been available for a Saturday morning massage, but due to some technical issue, she didn't actually hear the voicemail until Sunday.

Hrm. Go figure. Having fun playing, Universe?

Always perfect, always right on.
~  ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment