Monday, February 28, 2011

• The Dance

Another HUGE shift this weekend. Mega. Lemme explain..

Wednesday night, I went to yoga. My second class ever.

Not entirely sure of what goes on for me during yoga, but I’m pretty sure it has something to do with clearing clearing and more clearing, and opening blocks and doorways and paths to the higher self and whatnot. Everything seems to come flooding out afterwards, all emotions come a tumblin’ down onto me, and then they muck around in my being until I usher them on forward and transmute the blecky energy into GOD energy, Source energy, Light.

So that’s what happened this week.

Wednesday I opened the floodgates at yoga class. By Saturday, I was a wreck. The best way I could describe it was that there was an ICK inside of me. And icky feeling. Bleck ick yuck blah gack. It sucked. It belonged to nothing anymore; it was a leftover icky feeling that I had held somewhere in my body, and yoga had released it. I kinda knew that Saturday, but the issue then became, how would I transmute it into light, how would I let it TRULY go and move on.

The answer this time, for me, is a common theme: The Dance.

Saturday night, one of my favorite bands was playing at a local scene about 45 minutes from where I live. I don’t go out too often – once a month or so, if that – and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go out and dance, or if I would be better off staying home and sleeping. I pictured myself in bed, tossing and turning from the discomfort of the blech, and knew I needed Dance Therapy. I was going out.

I shouted out to the usual troops – my sister, a couple close friends, and a general call to ANYONE who wanted to get out and boogie on the dance floor. Cuz when I dance, the whole world dances, and I’m not exaggerating. You can be ANYONE, and if you can so much as sense the Joy of the Dance with me, then you are there. You are dancing. We are one. Healing takes place, energy shifts, and light shines through again.

I arrived at the dance club at the time I wanted to get there, but since the whole evening was kind of a topsy-turvey event planning wise, the two people I’d planned on meeting there truly could not make it due to totally reasonable circumstances that I fully understood and held no grudge against. Still, after arriving and realizing that my friends could not meet me there, I didn’t know what to do. I needed to dance. I knew that. But I was hesitant about going in on my own. And all I could really feel emotionally was this wicked messed up, intense, HUGEly overwhelming emotion of BLECH. It was no longer attached to an event, but was free-floating and secured somehow still to my being.

I sat in the car and cried for a while and just let the emotion BE. I sat with the feeling. I didn’t know what else to do with it; there wasn’t anything else I really could do with it right then. I had to let it be; I had to fully accept it and let my SELF be.

I talked on my phone to one of the people I was supposed to meet there – a someone who knows me very well. Just go dance, she told me. Go inside and dance. Don’t go home; you need to dance. You NEED to dance. Go dance.

She was right. Though part of me was like, “I can’t go in and dance alone all night,” another part of me was all, “Dude, you’re totally good. Go.”

Well, I went.

As it turned out, I stayed there till the band finished both sets at midnight. I talked to almost no one (though I did run into an acquaintance of mine from my high school days); had myself one beer; and just did my thing. I was completely comfortable, I was completely at ease. I had a mission, and I didn’t really care what anyone else thought. I had to DANCE to the band.

The first set of music was fun, but not transforming.

The second set of music – when all the real energy and fun and verve and craziness sets in – took me to the place I needed to go. I hit dancing bliss, I got on the stage, I saw the crowd, I did what I DO – I danced. I didn’t care what anyone thought or didn’t think or wanted or didn’t want, and yet, I also knew that anything I wanted at that moment, I could have, and already had. I was in my own personal nirvana, and all the ick that had been hovering around my being for days simply vanished. It didn’t just leave me and go find another hapless victim to attach itself to; it was actually transmuted into light.
The icky energy was, in a sense, loved to death by the dance. By my dance. By what I had consciously chosen to do.

The Dance.

It’s one more step up the consciousness ladder on my personal journey, and thus one more step for All Humankind and Planet Earth as well.

This, my friends, is my Work.

Peace out.

((Peace in.))

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment