Saturday, November 27, 2010

• Following My Bliss

Wow do I have a lot to say today!

To back up a little:

I've been listening to a lot of Abraham-Hicks lately. (Just youtube Abraham-Hicks to see what I'm talking about.) One of the more recent youtube's I've listened to emphasized follow your bliss. If you don't know "what to do" in life, then follow your bliss, be in alignment with who you truly are, and everything else will fall into place. It has to. That is the Law of Attraction, the Law of the Universe.

A few days ago - on Wednesday, to be specific - I was feeling "stuck." It's that feeling like when you want to take action to feel better, but your mind can't figure out what it is you need. What to do, what to do, what to do? Frustration, tap fingers, futz around the house, etc... I took a listen to some new Abraham youtubes that I hadn't heard before, and something they said on one of them really clicked: Follow Your Bliss.

Follow my bliss. Not what I "think" should be my bliss ("motherhood! charity! showing appreciation!") or what "logically" would be a societal bliss ("eating cake! shopping! cleaning the house so it sparkles!") but simply MY OWN BLISS! Or, since bliss is kind of a weird word for me that I wouldn't normally use much, simply stated, "Dude, do things that are WICKED FUN for ME!"

The game then became: Name That Bliss (a.k.a. Wicked Fun Thing). Name ONE THING that you just LOVE to do! Then do it!!

So I thought for a couple seconds, and I decided I wanted to go DANCE. At a club, with a dance floor, and a great band. Years ago I used to go dancing ALL the time and it totally rocked! I totally loved it! Other people loved it! There was just fun and bliss and awesomeness abounding on those nights! And you know what? I missed it!!!

So that was it. On Wednesday, my intent became crystal clear. I looked up local nightlife bars with good dance floors; checked out who was playing; listened to the bands on youtube to find the right fit; and determined where and when (Friday night) I'd be going.

I told my friends, gathered a small posse (of 1 friend!), set the kids up to hang out with daddy, got properly attired, and hit the town. My goal was simple: Get into the "vortex" and just watch what  the universe lets fall in my lap.

The night turned out amazing. My friend and I danced practically the entire time. We tore up the dance floor and brought down the house. We met great people. Everything clicked, from finding the best parking space to getting the right table to just becoming part of the right crowd. I completely and totally channeled/flowed Source energy and was in alignment with myself the whole time. We attracted a lot of positive attention; an endless stream of dance partners; and expressions of appreciation and kindness from "strangers" that we actually felt kinship with by the time we left.

All in all, it was magical.

And it was just as I had consciously intended it to be. From the very second I decided on Wednesday that this would be an Frickin' Awesome Experience, it was, in its entirety.

I am grateful to the Universe for fulfilling my intention in such as neat way!

Dance floor, I'll be back soon. I can hardly wait!!!

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment